Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Decorating for Christmas

Last year for Christmas was the first year of our 4 years being married that I attempted to decorate for Christmas. I always usually have a wreath on the front door with a lighted snowman on the porch, but last year I got our first (3 FT) Christmas tree! The same day I did all that I had part of my toenail removed (due to a pedicure gone wrong!) and Martin was coming home from a trip to Canada. After my appointment at the doctor Lenora and I went into Rite Aid (numb toe and all) and bought a Christmas tree and clearance lights/ornaments I think with the tree we paid $30 for everything. 

This year I was a bit more prepared. I decided to change the color theme since we didn't have much (last year I bought blue/silver) I wanted something a bit more grown up. I decided to go with traditional red, gold, and green, LOTS of glittery ornaments. Of course we also have all the family ornaments and Lenora's Buzz/Woody ornaments. I picked up a few unique ones at a thrift store as well. I also made a burlap tree skirt, and found some vintage ornaments at a thrift store during small business Saturday. We also found 2 big boxes of brand new lights for $2 a box at that same thrift store. Rustic Glam is the theme.


I finished my ornament window using ALL dollar tree ornaments (love them!), I made a wreath using the garland that we had last year on our mantel (since then we've ripped out the fireplace) and more dollar tree ornaments and glitter poinsettia.  


Lenora is beside herself with all this Christmas. I can't take her anywhere without her needing to be sedated. She isn't bad, she is just all over the place touching everything saying things like "wow, look at this Christmas! It's so wonderful" or "Oops this fell down, let me pick it up" 






No comments:

Post a Comment