Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for Lenora

Today was my baby food making day, however I only made her oatmeal because it's getting late and we have the new Harry Potter to watch. So I'll finish her food tomorrow.

I usually make her Banana Peach Oatmeal but I haven't been able to find peaches anywhere lately. So then I made her Banana Mango Oatmeal, she likes it but Mango's are  a pain to peel/chop and they smell like a pine tree. So I decided to make her Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for something different. I found the original recipe in a magazine, but I almost tripled the ingredients. The original recipe also called for regular or golden raisins but I didn't have any.

I made a big batch so I could freeze it, and here is the recipe.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal:

3 1/2 Cups Apple Juice
2 Cups Oatmeal
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 Regular or Golden Raisins (optional)
3 Red Delicious Apples
2 Granny Smith Apples (I know there are 3 in the photo,
but I decided not to add the last one)



Peal & chop the apples into cubes, and put everything in the pan, except for the oatmeal and bring to a boil. Boil for about 8 minutes until the apples are tender.

She came to see how her oatmeal was coming along, and to see if it was time to taste. (She always taste's her food before we freeze it.)


Once the apples are tender than you can add in your oatmeal. Cook for about 5 minutes.  While cooking mine, I noticed there was still alot of liquid so I just threw in an extra handful of oatmeal and it was fine.


Than I pureed it in my Baby Bullet, and Voila! Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, and Lenora approved!

It filled all 4 Ice cube trays. Lenora will eat 2 cubes every morning, and this made 28 servings.


My lovely smarty pants of a husband calculated it all out and we discovered that it making it this way it only cost's about 0.20 cents a serving! That sure beats the 0.99 cents the gerber jars are. And this will last us a whole month.

This is a website where I get alot of my inspiration for baby food. I love it. It also has a great section on adding spices to baby's food.

No comments:

Post a Comment