Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Britax Boulevard & A Jeep





We got Lenora's new carseat today (Britax Boulevard 70 CS), and after she tested it out she took a nap so I was able to begin installing it right away. While looking for a carseat I searched all over the Internet for a picture of a Recaro or Britax carseat in the back of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee- Why? Because the backseat of a jeep is weird, the seats are some what narrow and the headrests do not raise up or come off.

Installation: Britax installation instruction video
The carseat fits perfectly in the center of the jeep. Putting it on the sides while it's reclined to the 45 degree angle would almost be impossible unless the driver or passenger were really short. But the middle is the safest anyway. The latch system is really easy to use and I really like how it's attached to the steel bars (one of there safety features) We did end up having to roll up her non-slip carseat pad (from her other seat) and position it under the front of the base so that the carseat would be level.  After installing the carseat once I just didn't feel that it was in there secure enough. And I was certain we didn't have a floor anchor for the Versa Tether Anchor strap (another Britax saftey feature-strap on back) but after watching the installation video at britax.com (Which I should of done to begin with) I realized that it isn't attached to a special floor anchor but rather to the bottom of the passenger seat. So after figuring that out I was able to sleep soundly. Will have to do one last final tweak when I am able to get on flat ground just to make sure its exactly level.






Overall I am very pleased with the carseat and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new seat. It has wonderful safety features and some very nice convenience features, such as the cover comes off for washing without having to remove any of the straps. Its also very cozy for Lenora. So far she seems to like it, and now I don't have to carry around her Chicco carseat anymore! She's growing up way to fast!

Britax has a great video on the Britax Boulevard 70 CS here.

No comments:

Post a Comment