Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My New Craft Obsession

This is my new obsession... Making Curly hair bows for Lenora. They are so much fun to make and the color combinations are endless. I've even thought of making some team colored ones but we aren't really that into sports. I found the instructions here , but I bought the wrong size ribbon so mine are done with 1/8 inch ribbon.

You Need:

Wooden Dowels 1/4 inch or 1/8 inch (I use a combination of the two) 
Ribbon 1/4 inch or 1/8 inch
Binder Clips or Clothes pins
Hair Clip
Glue Gun
Thread

Wrap the ribbon around the wooden dowels and bake for 20 Minutes at 250 degrees. Cut to desired length and secure the cut pieces of ribbon several times with thread. Super easy.







With  all the one's I've made I used 1/8 inch ribbon except fot the orange one (thats 1/4 inch) And I just attach them to a alligator clip. They look adorable in Lenora's hair with her little pony tail behind it. I just have to distract her with something while I put it in otherwise she'll rip it out.   Next venture is fabric flower hair clips! When I get time.

No comments:

Post a Comment