Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lenora can Crawl & I'm a Nervouse Wreck!


I suppose a post about Lenora crawling is the best way to start my blog. That and because Meghan has been hounding me to do it! Darn FB drama!

The day Lenora turned 8 months old she decided crawling on her tummy wasn't for her anymore...she lifted up and magically started crawling on all fours with an occasional stop to do this weird sort of bridge thing on her tippy toes. She was so proud of herself. Even if she falls she gets right back up. She's learned to say "OW" so we hear that a lot, and "UH OH."

Since Lenora has started crawling she has decided to be my little human vacuum. On three separate occasions she has found a peanut (thankfully she's not allergic), she found a piece of corn tortilla under the table, and today she was pulling pieces out of the carpet and putting them in her mouth. Luckily I was able to pull them out of her mouth before she swallowed them. I'm a nervous wreck! So we've bought a new vacuum in hopes that it will pick everything up so Lenora doesn't have too.

She has also learned how to pull herself up on the couch & chair which is fine but she likes to dance and dancing/standing Lenora isn't a good combination. We've learned that if she isn't hurt to not make a big deal, we laugh and say "oh your fine." We still haven't baby proofed the whole house yet because I didn't think it would come upon us so suddenly. Our fireplace & TV stand are now blocked with a body pillow, a throw pillow, and a folded up quilt, Oh and a burp rag covering the radio buttons so she can't turn it on! She loves her country music.

So for now I'll just keep running after her, although she thinks its a game when we chase after her. I'll survive...until she learns to walk.

1 comment: